New Delhi There has been a lot of increase in Fraud happening with people in the coronary period. During this period, the number of digital transactions has increased significantly because people are doing all their work online instead of giving cash. In such a situation, to prevent possible fraud, State Bank of India has issued a big alert for its millions of customers. The bank has said that it has given a lock-unlock feature on its internet banking facility.
Three types of attacks are happening
According to the report released by the Barracuda Network, three types of phishing attacks based on the Covid-19 theme (Covid-19) have been observed. These are scamming, brand impersonation and tampering with business email. Apart from this, the incidence of ATM cloning has also increased.
Most people are using internet banking
Due to coronavirus, most people are still using digital mediums. In such a situation, banks are also taking measures on their behalf to make digital transactions secure. Fishing cases are coming out especially in metros. Cyber criminals are also trying to grab internet banking details of customers by adopting various tricks. In view of this, SBI has prepared an additional feature on its website to protect customers.
Lock-unlock feature started
The bank has written on its official website onlinesbi.com that customers can lock-unlock their internet banking facility anytime. This facility has been given to the customers on the login page available on NetBanking website. However, only retail customers of the bank can avail this facility.
This is how you can avail this facility
- First go to the website of onlinesbi.com.
- After this, you will see the option of lock and unlock user on the page.
- You enter your Internet banking username, account number and captcha code.
- After this, select the Lock User Access option from the drop down menu.
- After reading the terms and conditions, click on OK for verification.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number and email ID.
- After this, lock your net banking access by submitting OTP.
However, keep in mind that to unlock the net banking facility, you will have to visit your home branch. No charge will be taken from the bank for unlocking.
See also —